Understanding IMSL and what we do
The strength of IMSL rests in its people, their knowledge and their skills. With personnel drawn from a range of prior operational backgrounds, we have a breadth of expertise that spans multiple subject and sector domains. We believe it is vital to understand an organisation’s operation and its challenges to successfully support the customer. Our core domains of expertise include:
- Public sector and community organisations intelligence
- Private sector – corporate and commercial intelligence
- Crisis Management and business continuity training and exercising
- Military intelligence
- Military operations
- Counter terrorism
- Counter IED
- Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives (CBRNE)
- Intelligence software platforms
But that’s not all we do!
While we are indeed intelligence specialists, we are also more than that. The depth and range of our multi-domain expertise equips us to engage on broader requirements too, and we frequently fulfil projects that are not strictly intelligence related. To find out more, take a look at our Consultancy Services. Significantly, we also run the IMSL Intel-Lab, an intelligence focussed research and development facility, where we develop new capability concepts, tradecraft and technology.
What sort of Intelligence does IMSL do?
Intelligence, and especially military intelligence, is often pigeonholed into different categories usually related to the method of collection, and the specialist skills required to expertly analyse the raw information. Here are some examples, but the list isn’t exhaustive:
- Open source intelligence
- Social media intelligence
- Human terrain intelligence
- Image intelligence
- Geospatial intelligence
- Criminal intelligence
- Technical intelligence
- Weapons technical intelligence
IMSL takes an holistic approach to fulfilling your intelligence requirements, applying all of the component disciplines required, so you can always be assured of the best results.
What we don’t do!
- We are not private investigators. We don’t own a trilby between us, and we have no interest in following your bank manager’s wife around the supermarket.
- We’re not blaggers. If you want a celebrity’s telephone number, we’re not going to be able to get it for you.
- We’re not hackers, and we can’t access anyone’s personal email or private social media profiles.
- We have no intention of breaking the law. If you’re planning to overthrow a government, we’re not going to help you.