An Engineer at IMSL is responsible for the delivery of IT technical projects as part of IMSL business activities. The role is customer facing and requires a high standard of technical ability, plus a mature, professional and trustworthy manner sometimes in the face of complex technical situations.
The ability and willingness to travel in order to work on-site with our clients. A driving license and UK Passport is essential, along with a willingness to undergo security clearance.
- Installation, testing and configuration of software and systems
- Substantial experience working on technical projects. The individual may or may not have a Computer Science degree.
- Aptitude for problem solving in a hands-on manner; a focus on detail but without losing sight of the big picture
- Strong multi-discipline computing abilities, with experience in Windows configuration, programming (some or lots), web (you may have built or administered a website), databases (not necessarily as a DBA), scripting/batch processing (perhaps), security concepts, familiarity with Linux.
- Excellent problem-solving skills: the ability to listen, identify and communicate complex technical problems accurately, with the confidence to know when to seek help or a second opinion.
- Be a good written and verbal communicator, conveying information as appropriate. The individual must be willing to undergo vetting procedures to DV.
- High levels of motivation, credibility, and integrity. The ability to work alongside others in our small but successful team.
Closing Date: 1st March 2018