Palantir Gotham Users Training Course (Beginners)
The Beginner user course is designed to provide the student with an entry level understanding of Palantir’s capability. It allows the student to understand the mechanics of the software as well as to familiarise themselves with its graphical user interface. The course requires no technical experience.
At a basic level the course will teach the student:
- GUI (Graphical User Interface) navigation
- Data ingestion techniques
- Methods to export analysis
- The concepts of tagging and data retrieval
- Sharing your work and collaborating with others
- Analytical workflows
- Junior analysts
- People interested in the utility of the platform
Level – Students unfamiliar with Palantir
Language – The course will be delivered in English.
Delivery Style – Instructor led theory (~10%), Instructor led practical sessions (~50%), Classroom discussion (~10%), Consolidation exercises (~30%)
Duration – 2 Days (Times 08-30 – 12-30 / 13-30 – 17-30)
Location – The Intelligence & Analysis School, IMSL, Walsingham House, Shrivenham. SN6 8TZ. UK. (Alternative locations by arrangement)
Module 1 – Introduction to Palantir
- Introduction and demonstration workflow
- Five pillars
- Objects, properties and links (understanding ontologies)
Module 2 – Applications and helpers overview
- Applications (Home, Graph, Map, Data sources, Object Explorer, Browser and collaboration) and their usage
- Helpers (default and workflow specific)
- Using map layers (basic level)
Module 3 – Searching for objects, and folders and feeds
- Quick search
- Advanced search
- Search around
- Folders and feeds
Module 4 – Importing and exporting data
- Importing structured and unstructured data
- Exporting data (Powerpoint, PDF, Excel, KMZ, shp, xml, etc.)
Any requirements for overnight accommodation are the responsibility of the trainee.
Tea, coffee and soft drinks are provided throughout all training courses.
Car Parking: Available.
Public Transport: By rail to Swindon Station + local taxi.